The stated goal of RHAPSODY is to define a molecular taxonomy of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D) that will support patient segmentation, inform clinical trial design, and the establishment of regulatory paths for the adoption of novel strategies for diabetes prevention and treatment.
Our plans are built upon:
- access to large European cohorts with comprehensive genetic analyses, rich longitudinal clinical, biochemical data and samples
- detailed multi-omic maps of key T2D-relevant tissues and organs
- large expertise in the development and use of novel genetic, epigenetic, biochemical and physiological experimental approaches
- the ability to combine existing and novel data sets through effective data federation and use of these datasets in systems biology approaches towards precision medicine;
- expertise in regulatory approval, health economics and patient engagement.
These activities will lead to the discovery of novel biomarkers for improved T2D taxonomy, to support development of pharmaceutical activities, and for use in precision medicine to improve health in Europe and worldwide.